Inspired by the Savannah College of Art and Design Sidewalk Arts Festival, Cambridge High School Visual Arts program is hosting its first-annual the BRIDGE ChalkFest fundraiser. In addition, this is a showcase art show for our CHS Advanced Placement Studio Art students. Stop out to view wonderful art and join our students to celebrate the end of another great school year!
When: Friday May 15th, 5-7 PM
Where: Outside the art rooms and cafe.
Theme: Dreaming of Summer
Basic Info: This competition is open to rising 9th grade students through current Cambridge High School students. Groups interested in participating in The Bridge ChalkFest must submit their entry form to register by Wednesday, April 22nd. A confirmation email will be sent on Friday, April 24th to confirm your registration. That confirmation email must be printed and submitted with a sketch of planned imagery with $30 entry fees to Mrs. Hudson in 1.502 by 4 pm, Wednesday, April 29th. Cash or check made payable to Cambridge High School.
- Maximum of 4 students per group, entry fee of $30 (which includes pastels).
- Students will have time to draw starting Wednesday, May 13th and can draw until 5 PM Friday.
- Each drawing must remain within the designated square area.
- Use only the chalk distributed for the competition. The primary design of a square must be created in chalk.
- Only one box of chalk will be provided for each square.
- Drawing on buildings, trees or any surfaces other than assigned squares is not permitted.
- No materials may be used that emit offensive odors or cause potential annoyances to other artists or festival guests.
- Three-dimensional elements may be incorporated into square designs. These must not exceed the square area, cannot exceed two feet in height and must be removed by the artist no later than 7 p.m.
- The festival is a family event. Any artwork that contains nudity, profanity or other content deemed inappropriate by festival officials will be removed.
- Only students who have registered for the competition will be eligible to receive prizes. Participants must be present to collect the awarded prize.
- Judges or festival officials can disqualify artists for failure to adhere to any of the above guidelines.